Acne is a common disorder of the skin’s sebaceous glands that results in clogged pores, white-heads, blackheads, spots, inflammation of the skin and sometimes scaring.
Acne occurs when the sebum is not able to pass through the hair follicle, this happens because the cells of the follicle walls are shed too fast and clump together, blocking the opening of the hair follicle so the sebum cannot get through, bacteria then starts to build up and grow in the area creating an acne lesion. Acne is most commonly found on the face, chest, and back. It can have a real impact on your confidence and the way you feel about yourself.
At Cheshire Lasers we have various treatments and products on offer to create a programme that will meet your individual needs.
Skin Care Products
There are several options for treating acne, it is important that before starting any clinic treatment good skin care products are used. For some clients products can reduce the acne with no need for treatment.
Products ranges available to purchase at the clinic for treating acne are:
- Agera Rx Medical Formula. We recommend this Agera Skin Clarifying Trial Kit it’s a great way to try all the acne products and ingredients and its really great value. Effective products on a budget.
- ZO Skin Health Products these products were created by Dr Obagi they are more expensive but are very effective.
- Dermaquest Acne Range
Oral Supplements to help Acne
Oral supplements can improve acne prone skin by treating the skin from within. Vitamin A, antioxidants and anti-inflamatory supplements can be very effective and are popular with people prone to acne on larger areas of the body such as the back, chest and arms.
In Clinic Treatments
Our most popular and effective treatments are:
- ZO Acne and Oil control Ossential Stimulator Peel. Our most popular and affective treatment especially if used along side the ZO acne skin care.
- Dermalux light therapy can be used to reduce redness and inflammation and reduce active acne this popular and effective treatment is great on it own but even better combined with The ZO peel above.
- Obagi Blue Peel Radiance
Other popular treatments include:
- Agera RX Medical Formula peels – light peels that contain vitamin C, Salicylic acid, lactic acid and citric acid.
- Microdermabrasion to reduce the acne lesions, improve the texture and tone of the skin.
How do I know what treatments / Products I need ?
Before any treatment can be carried out a full consultation is needed to identify your concerns and discuss thoroughly the treatment options fully and the most likely outcome. A medical history will need to be discussed, to check that the most appropriate treatments are recommended. We need to make sure no factors such as your past medical history or medication will contraindicate the treatments.
Who should I see about my acne at Cheshire Lasers ?
For mild to moderate acne:
One of our Aestheticians can help you.
A 30 minute consultation is £25.
They will perform a skin analysis to assess your skin and can then recommend skin care, facials, hydrafacials, dermalux light, peels and or microdermabrasion
Should you purchase any skin care or arrange any treatments the £25 consultation fee is deducted from the cost of your treatment.
For Moderate to Severe acne or acne that does not respond to treatment
We highly recommend a consultation with your GP who can prescribe you a range of topical or oral treatments. You may even need referral to a dermatologist for resistant cases.
If you have gone down that route and are still struggling you can book an appointment with Dr Johnson.
A 30 minute private consultation is £50
She will discuss the treatments you have had over the counter and on prescription from your GP and Dermatologist as well as skin care products you have tried.
She can recommend the treatment(s) /products she thinks would most likely help and if necessary prescribe either items from the Obagi Clenziderm system or the ZO Medical Product range alternatively she mat recommend you see your GP again so they can prescribe the treatment for you.