Experience our healthy and genuine Indian cuisineBalti Houses
Indian cuisine is known for its bold flavors and rich aromas. But did you know that Indian food can also be very healthy? At Preem Restaurant & Balti House, we offer a wide variety of healthy and genuine Indian dishes that are made with fresh, high-quality ingredients.
Here are just a few of the ways that Indian food can be healthy:
- Indian cuisine uses a lot of spices. Spices are packed with antioxidants and other health benefits. For example, turmeric has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting properties.
- Indian cuisine is rich in vegetables. Many Indian dishes are made with a variety of vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, peas, and spinach. Vegetables are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Indian cuisine often uses whole grains. Whole grains are a good source of fiber and other nutrients. For example, brown rice is a whole grain that is a good source of fiber, magnesium, and manganese.
At Preem Restaurant & Balti House, we offer a variety of healthy and genuine Indian dishes, such as:
- Tandoori chicken: This classic Indian dish is made with chicken that is marinated in yogurt and spices, then grilled in a tandoor oven. Tandoori chicken is a good source of protein and nutrients, and it is also low in fat.
- Fish Hussainy: This flavorful dish is made with fish fillets that are cooked in a sauce with fresh coriander, chili, and onions. It can also be ordered with aubergine and served with Vegetable Curry or Dal. Fish Hussainy is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health.
- Vegetable biryani: This rice dish is made with a variety of vegetables, rice, and spices. Vegetable biryani is a good source of fiber and other nutrients, and it is also low in fat.
- Lentil or Mulligatawny Soup: Lentil soup is a hearty soup made with lentils, vegetables, and spices. It is a good source of protein and fiber, and it is also low in fat. Mulligatawny soup is a light and flavorful soup made with chicken or vegetables, coconut milk, and spices. It is a good source of protein and nutrients, and it is also low in fat.
No matter what your taste, you're sure to find a healthy and delicious Indian dish to enjoy at Preem Restaurant & Balti House. So come and experience the best of Indian cuisine today!
Here are some additional tips for eating healthy Indian food:
- Choose dishes that are made with grilled or baked meats. This will help to reduce the amount of fat in your meal.
- Ask for less oil or butter to be used in your dishes.
- Choose dishes that are made with whole grains and vegetables.
- Limit your intake of naan bread and other fried foods.
- Pair your meal with a healthy drink, such as water or unsweetened tea.
By following these tips, you can enjoy the delicious flavors of Indian cuisine without sacrificing your health.